Spring Lake United Methodist Church was founded in 1894. The present brick sanctuary was consecrated to the Lord’s service on August 17, 1958. We are honored you are here to worship with us. While there is tremendous growth in what is known as the “mega-church” – with large auditorium style seating, and power point technology – we hope you will come to love what most people love about Spring Lake United Methodist Church. Simply put, we are a country church and our roots run deep in fellowship with one another, and deeper in the love of Christ who binds us together.
Our faith is clearly affirmed and expressed in what is known as “The Apostle’s Creed”:
We believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord:
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;
on the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
and will come again to judge the living and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic* church
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body
and the life everlasting. Amen
Our mission at Spring Lake United Methodist Church is as follows:
Because God inspires us by His Love and Sacrifice, we seek:
1) To Know Jesus Christ and the power of His love.
– The Bible teaches us “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
– Jesus said, “A new command I give you. Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35
2) To Grow as Disciples through Worship, Study, Fellowship, and Service
– We are one congregation with 2 worship services to choose from. Both services hear the same Scriptural message by our Pastor, and both services provide important prayer time, and testimonial time. The Contemporary service includes uplifting and contemporary Christian music performed by our Praise Band. The service is conducted in a relaxed atmosphere which many of our children and families find comfortable. We offer Sunday school for our children and teens, as well as nursery care service for our little ones. We also celebrate our faith in a Traditional format, providing the same Scriptural message by our Pastor, important prayer and testimonial time, responsive readings, and Hymns from the past and present-day, sung by our Choir.
- For deeper Bible study, we offer 3 Sunday schools for adults.
- There is also a Tuesday morning Ladies’ Bible study.
- Every Wednesday evening from 6:30 to 8:00 is Family night for our Children
- There are numerous “small groups” within our church family who gather at various times and locations – usually once or twice per month. These small groups are opened to all ages. They provide good opportunity for fellowship, study and “breaking bread together” on a small scale. This type of small group fellowship is described in Acts 2:42-47: “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer……They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” If you are interested in joining a small group, or if you are interested in forming a new small group, we encourage you to do so.
There are many ministries within our church family where you have opportunities to serve. Some of these ministries include our United Methodist Men’s Group and our United Methodist Women’s Group, both of which provide opportunity for fellowship and service to the church. The Choir always welcomes new voices. Volunteers are encouraged to serve in the worship services in a variety of ways, such as ushers, greeters, and servers. Volunteers are often needed for help in the church office. We invite, and appreciate, your participation in any of these areas.
3) To Serve the Community and the World as Jesus would
There are a variety of ministries outside our church door where we seek to serve our community. We have a Visitation Team that goes out weekly to visit the sick and those who are shut-in. Spring Lake United Methodist Church is also one of Hernando County’s food pantry locations. The Backpack Ministry for Eastside Elementary school provides very special support for children. The needs are great, and we encourage you to participate and get involved by volunteering to serve in one of these important ministries.
4) To Show the Way to Salvation through Jesus Christ.
This is the number one priority of the Church, the body of Christ. It is known as The Great Commission and it is found in Matthew 29:18-20:
“Then Jesus came to them and said “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
This command to “Go and do” defines our purpose at Spring Lake United Methodist Church. It is through worship, Bible study, prayer, and fellowship that we prepare ourselves to share what we’ve learned and help others come to know Jesus Christ.
The congregation at Spring Lake United Methodist Church is made up of people from a variety of backgrounds. The original families of Spring Lake, who built the church, continue to worship here generation after generation. As new residents have made Hernando County their home, many have made Spring Lake United Methodist their church home. Many new families who attend Spring Lake United Methodist Church have come from differing religious backgrounds. The doors of the church are open to all. Thank you for choosing to worship with us today.
If you are interested in learning more about Spring Lake United Methodist Church, or want to find out how you can become more involved in the church, or, if you would simply like to meet and talk with our Pastor, his door is always open. Pastor Garrett can be reached at Spring Lake United Methodist Church, 4191 Spring Lake Hwy, Brooksville, FL 34601 Tel# 352-799-7028.
Children Sunday School
10:30am– Children’s Sunday school
Adult Sunday School
10:30am Devoted Life Bible Study in the Admin. building
10:30am Kingdom Seekers Bible Study in the Praise Center
For infants – pre-k
Pastor Rev. Garrett Rocha
Youth and Children’s Director Chris Kelbaugh (email@example.com)
Spring Lake United Methodist Church
4191 Spring Lake Hwy.
Brooksville, Florida 34601
Office Telephone # 352-799-7028